Friday, March 21, 2014

Anime Matsuri Haul


Ay-yooo so I'm skipping the full Anime Matsuri experience post because I don't have much to bitch about really. It was a mostly positive experience other than the fact that it was highly disorganized. A lot of things were delayed up to an hour or more but that didn't really effect the panels I went to (which was like two). The SNK photoshoot was held back a couple of minutes and had to change locations due to the weather outside. The scanning of badges was a cool idea until it created a long ass single-filed line. A dumb fucking "guard" was hovering over me when I was in line for Reika because he was bitching non-stop about "being against the wall" when there wasn't any room to be against the walls. Like, get your balls off of me, your long leather black coat and wearing black sunglasses indoors makes you look like a douchebag, not scary. Despite the douchebaggery of the people there, I still had fun. I encountered Matthew Mercer (voice of Levi in SNK) near the elevators but was too chicken to go in with him, Reika was right in front of me, later on I got her autograph, and the one of guys from Nightmare was near me but I didn't notice until my cousin pointed it out and they were walking off. oops. 
Anyway, that's a bit of my experience.
On to the haul!

I got this Chibi Moon chain for $5 from a vendor. I figured I can get this at the local Asian toy store down my street and get it for the same price or more idk so might as well buy it now

I FUCKING LOVE DEDENNE. I'm becoming reacquainted with Pokemon again and one of the newer Pokemons that caught my eye (besides the obvious Leafeon, Sylveon, and Espurr) was Dedenne. AND I FOUND A LOT OF VENDORS SELLING DEDENNE PLUSHIES. But a lot of them were rip offs. They were selling like key-chain sized (like a handful) plushies for $14 so I was disappointed and was really sad. This one, on the other hand, was $25 and is as large as a medium/large Alpacasso and I ended up buying it because my friend Doan saw the size and price comparison and convinced me because there wasn't a better deal than this.

I promised myself that I needed to come out with at least one or two phone charms and I did so yay. I believe this vendor in the artist alley has either storenvy or an etsy store??? I don't know their name though (I didn't take their card) but yeah this charm was $5 and by Sunday other charms like this one were dropped to $3 I believe. 

Once again, another vendor in the artist alley. I promised myself I would by a squishy but a lot of the good ones were gone and there weren't any other vendors selling any squishies so I bought one of the cake squishies. Not all of it is squishy. The top pieces (the star tart, wafer, and fruit) are hard but it's still very fun to squish nonetheless. It's a phone charm as well. It was originally $7 but the artist offered it to me for $6 yay

Buttons. Fucking buttons, mayne. The Cas, Levi, and Harley were from a vendor in the artist alley and were for a dollar each. The Armin, survey corps crest, and Sailor Moon buttons were from a different vendor, each button $2 but buy 3 get them for $5 (wow such save). 

Ah and then one of my crown jewels. This print. This artist is just omigosh amazing. He had a lot of Pokemon and Sailor Moon prints and baggies/purses. I got the print for $12. This is the only vendor whose name I know because I got his card

This isn't really the complete haul. I also got a phone charm for my mum and it was a toilet paper roll a cute poop attached to it (my reasoning was because "she wiped my crap when I was little")
Part of my haul is also the Reika autograph I got. Technically, the Reika autograph I have isn't the one I got signed. The one I got signed belonged to my friend who pre-ordered it and put it under my name because she couldn't be there. BUT since my other friend got two Reika autographs and I did her dead Marco makeup (that shit can go for $15 - $25 dollars ayyy) she gave me one of her autographs so yaaaayyyy!
And that's all of my haul (I think)!

No comments:

Post a Comment