Thursday, October 22, 2015

REVIEW: Bodyline Shoes (Old review from 11/10/14)

10/22/2015 Edit: This review was made on November 10th, 2014 and some of the links could be outdated. I am currently in the process of transferring my reviews from tumblr to this blog as backup. From now on, I will be posting reviews both on tumblr and here. If you'd like early access on reviews though, more than likely they will be on my tumblr. 

Hello! Today I’m doing my second Bodyline review, however, this is my first time reviewing their shoes. These are my first pair of shoes for lolita as well. These shoes are shoes161 (size 270) which are currently sold out on their site.
~Review below the cut~
Stock Photo:
image
So I ordered these shoes on September 30th during Bodyline’s ongoing 1000 yen off shoes sale (and free AIR shipping promotion). Because of the sale, the shoes were $21, however, I used the yen currency trick and the shoes came out to ¥1,599 (or $15).
Shipping & Packaging:
image
image
The shoes came in a taped down shoe box. The box was a little banged up in the corners. Nothing was inside covering the shoes, as you can see. The shoes were stuffed with tissue paper and thosebendy stick things  that prevent the back of the shoes to be bent out of shape.
My photos
Side
image
All the buckles are adjustable and the last/back buckle is detachable. The site says the heel is 9cm high and the platform is 3cm high (their measurements are excluding the bottom [black part] of the shoe which makes the heel 9.5cm and platform 3.5cm)
Front
image
There were no scuff marks/scratches on them at all.
Back
image
Inside of one shoe
image
The soles of one of the shoes is a little bumpy and out of place. I didn’t feel it when wearing them though. 
Worn Photos:
image
image
image
Final verdict:
Shipping/Packaging: 9/10 - Because of how I ordered exactly on a Tuesday, I had to wait over a week and the shoes were shipped out October 8th. They arrived on time on October 28th (AIR shipping is estimated to take 7 - 30 days). I do think there should have been at least some paper or a sheet of foam wrap between the shoes to prevent them from getting scuff marks during shipment (which luckily I didn’t get any). When opening the box you did get hit by a wave of plastic smell which will go away after a bit. 
Item/Quality: 10/10 - The item is as expected. The only deviation from the stock photo is the color is more pearly white than the stock photo that seems more like an off-white or light beige (which isn’t an issue at all). For some reason, I expected the quality to be way cheaper than it actually is. The quality can be considered “high quality” for the price you get them for.
Comfortability/Fit:9.5/10 - The shoe itself is true to size and isn’t tight or uncomfortable. The straps are a different story because I have fat ankles. <~< It sort of shoes in the pictures that the straps were a little tight around the ankles (nothing that can’t be fixed by adding a new hole into the straps). I struggled with putting the straps through the buckle while they were on my feet, so I just detached the buckle and strapped it in while the shoe was off and put on the shoes back on then reattached the buckle. Even though I haven’t worn these shoes out, they are very comfortable and it seems like it would take a while for these heels to start hurting your feet.
Customer service: 8/10 - This isn’t a rating on their customer service but Bodyline in general: I’m not the only one that has noticed this but Bodyline is not sending out the email that confirms that your package has been shipped like they used to. Now I have to go to their tracking page to track my shipments. Maybe I’m just overreacting but the “item shipped” email is very comforting to have. I actually had to go through forums to see that I wasn’t the only one who wasn’t getting their emails and luckily they posted the tracking page otherwise I would’ve been so worried about why my item hasn’t shipped. ;~;
Overall: 10/10 - I didn’t have an issue with the shipping time or shoes which is what matters the most. These shoes are the cutest and I’m looking forward to wearing them out with a cute outfit.

I’m sure my view is a little bias because these are my first pair of shoes for lolita and I’m inexperienced when it comes to getting shoes like these but I hope this helps someone! c:

No comments:

Post a Comment